Child Centred Support Worker
Hi! My name is Ronda Francis and I’m the Child Centred Support Worker for Edinburgh Council based at the CEC Travel Hub.
The aim of the Child Centred Support Worker is to support families and their children through the completion of the Assisted Travel Allocation application form. I aim to provide direction and advice throughout the application process and support families through this challenging time, to enable them to achieve the best outcomes for their child. My intention is to strengthen relationships and communication between home, school, and our transport services within Edinburgh. This will be achieved by listening to parents and carers and providing them with confidential support and guidance.
I don’t have all the answers, but sometimes just having someone to talk to and listening to your concerns can help. That’s what I’m here for…………
I aim to do this by providing:
Support for Parents/Carers
- One to one Parent/Carer Support.
- Telephone, email, and Teams contact.
- Support families to complete the Assisted Travel application form.
- Providing access to Parenting programmes and local Support Groups.
- Give guidance to Parents/Carers in accessing local networks for support.
- Family support for many varied issues, for example, through family background or moving home.
- Sign posting to other agencies that may be able to offer family support.
- Help with writing letters, filling out forms and arrange meetings.
- Keep the Travel Allocation Panel updated of the family’s well-being.
- Facilitate coffee morning/drop-in centres for parents to air any concerns and to network with other families in the surrounding area.
- Maintain connections with all mainstream and special schools in Edinburgh.
- Update records on SWIFT.
To achieve this, I can offer:
- Confidential and flexible support, advice and/or guidance for families through meeting at school, telephone/email/Team communication to individuals, groups, and families.
- An awareness and knowledge of other relevant services and agencies and support/guidance to access these services.
I am available Monday to Friday during normal working hours. If you would like advice or want to raise any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07563 047741 or email Ronda.Francis@edinburgh.gov.uk and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Child Centred Support Worker, CEC Travel Hub, 2 Peffer Place, Edinburgh, EH16 4BB