Broad and General Education:
BGE is planned through the Es and Os at Early, First, Second and some experiences at Third Level of Curriculum for Excellence.
- A rota of master classes for BGE learners.
- Life skills.
- Enterprise activities.
- Basic food hygiene.
- Working as part of a team.
- Self and peer assessment
Literacy, Numeracy and Health and Wellbeing embedded.
SENIOR PHASE. National 1/2/ Personal ach Award.. Personal Dev Award.
Senior pupils access many educational opportunities in the Life Long Learning Base using Curriculum for Excellence as the framework to support their learning and provide appropriate certification.
The base is equipped for practical learning opportunities designed to support pupils in acquiring home skills and in becoming confident individuals enabling them to live as independently as the can now and in the future.
The emphasis is “hands on” learning but the base is also a classroom with teaching and learning resources designed to aid development of literacy and numeracy and their application to everyday situations.
Some of the skills include:
- Literacy skills for life.
- Numeracy skills for life.
- Independent living skills.
- Transition and moving on.
- Planning for choices.
- Skills development.
Literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing embedded.
- Personal Development: Personal Hygiene (Access 1)
- Personal Achievement – Personal Presentation (National1) Unit
- Personal Achievement: Looking after your Home (National 1&2 ) Unit
- Personal Achievement: Promoting Health and Social Events (level 1)
- Personal Achievement- Hobbies and Interests (National 1) Unit
- Access 1 Units- English: Enjoyment of Fiction (Character) & (Plot)
- Personal Development Award (Level 2)
IDL. Themed weeks.
- The commonwealth games: Made a film on Australia. Café.
- The Scottish week: Scottish café. Shopping for Scottish food.
- Health and Wellbeing week: Making journeys; keeping safe