Teacher Mrs Ferguson
Broad and General Education:
Following the Curriculum for Excellence, pupils will gain art instruction with drawing and painting as well as techniques including printing, sculpture and craft work.
Visual Elements studied:
- Line – using a variety of media
- Tone – tonal recession, tone bar
- Shape – positive & negative space
- Texture – using a variety of materials & technique
- Pattern – natural & geometric
- Colour – colour wheel, emotive colour
BGE is planned through the Es and Os at Early, First, Second and some experiences at Third Level of Curriculum for Excellence.
- Visual elements-colour, tone, line.
- Exploring different art material.
- Self and peer assessment.
Literacy, Numeracy and Health and Wellbeing embedded.
Pupils will gain art instruction on a wide variety of skills and techniques with an emphasis on Ex
pressive and Design work. In addition, there will be further exploration of the Visual Elements (see above). Pupils will use an extensive range of art materials to create for example, jewellery and mosaic.
- National 3 Art & Design
- National 2 Creative Arts
- Personal Achievement Award National 1 and 2
- Preparing for a community activity
- Participating in a community activity